Outdoor & Indoor Wireless Guest Services
Providing Internet access to guests is much easier than ever before. With a Firetide wireless mesh network, you can create a hot zone quickly and unobtrusively to cover guest rooms, conference rooms, lounges, dining rooms, lobbies, and outdoor hospitality venues.
Business and vacation travelers alike expect high-speed Internet access in an increasing number of venues. From train and airport lounges, to hotel rooms and conference centers, and even marinas, golf courses and resorts, enabling fast, easy access has become a requirement for the hospitality industry.
However, installing traditional wireless network infrastructures typically requires expensive networking hardware, additional IT resources to manage it, and extensive planning and site modifications - resulting in high renovation costs, business disruption, and inconvenience to guests. Extending wireless network connectivity beyond a main facility to multiple buildings and outdoor areas becomes even more logistically difficult and costly.
This is why many hotels, convention centers, resorts, cruise ships, and other hospitality venues are choosing Firetide Mesh Networks. Firetide HotPort wireless mesh nodes quickly and easily create a wireless mesh network, eliminating the need for traditional wired Ethernet backhaul. Fast and cost-effective, Firetide wireless mesh networks enable hospitality companies to add high-speed Internet access to their amenities without adding to their headaches.
• Internet access and more - Easily provide high-speed Internet access in guest rooms, conference facilities, management offices and outdoor areas without running miles of cabling.
• Temporary networks - Firetide mesh network flexibility enables you to quickly create a temporary network and then tear it down, move it, or extend it. An ideal solution for conferences, remodeling projects, and special events.
• Security and surveillance - a Firetide wireless mesh network is ideal for enhancing guest safety and premises surveillance. Ethernet surveillance cameras can be installed property-wide with real-time feeds delivered to a central monitoring site over the Firetide broadband network.
• The capacity and flexibility of the HotPort mesh network enables simultaneous public access for guests and private access for service and security staff on the same wireless backbone without compromising performance, security, or range of coverage.
• Firetide wireless mesh network deployments can be installed quickly and cost-effectively. By eliminating the need for outdoor trenching or avoiding pulling cabling through walls and ceilings, hospitality providers save money and disruptions to on-going operations.
• Networks and networked resources can be extended to places where conventional network wire cannot be cost-effectively installed.
• Data transport is secured across the mesh using industry-standard, strong encryption methods.
• Firetide wireless mesh network deployments can eliminate the need for pulling cabling through walls and ceilings. With the HotPort 6000, hospitality providers now have a wireless solution that is equivalent to the cost of pulling cable to install Ethernet connectivity.